Men are from Mars and women are from Venus. This statement is certainly correct in the human world, but is it also true in the animal world? Since the beginning of time, animals have done odd things to attract another's attention. Inside of all anima

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(2258) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

ESL Podcast 1157 Describing Nudity Venus: Kids, cover your eyes! Dont look at that. I didnt know there would be nudity here. Why did you bring us here? Milo: I brought you here to see this celebration of the beauty of the human form. Venus: This is o

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之日常生活

Unit 9 Text A Listening First Listening Before listening to the tape, have a quick look at the following words. greenhouse effect 温室效应 alter 改变 release 排放 carbon dioxide 二氧化碳 t

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 21世纪大学英语读写教程

The Cat-Maiden The gods were once disputing whether it was possible for a living being to change its nature. Jupiter said

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

It was just an error, a stupid error, the kind anyone could make. Only now Earth is never going to have another visitor from space. Not ever. 这仅仅是一个错误,一个愚蠢的错误,那种人

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语综合教程

Topic1-Have we entered the paying-for-knowledge era Two popular content providers, Luo Yonghao and Papi Jiang have recently announced their departure from Fenda, a paywall platform that have opinion leaders and celebrities answer user's questions for

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Before Christ was born people believed there were many gods who were like good and bad fairies, 在基督诞生之前,人们相信世界上有很多神,这些神有的像善良的仙子,有的像邪恶的精灵, and statues were made of them

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

It has been a big year for women in sports. Here's a list of some of the most powerful women in sports. 1. Maria Sharapova The 18-year-old budding tennis star, who hails from Russia and won Wimbledon

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

By Paul Thompson Broadcast: September 17, 2003 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Phoebe Zimmermann. VOICE TWO: And this is Richard Rael with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. The planet Mars came

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-美国人文故事

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science, I am Cynthia Graber.This'll just take a minute. On earth, snow crystals as we all know, form from frozen water. But scientists believe there're also flakes that fall on Mercury, and they're made of iro

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

BBC news with Jonathan Izard. The annual G20 meeting of the worlds major economies has closed in China with agreement to fight protectionism and to try to pump fresh life into the world economy. President Xi Jinping said that the first time the summi

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Our planet was spared this fate. The magnetic field generated by the Earths core blocked the solar wind, preventing it from blasting away the fragile air. But the Earths atmosphere was still very different from the one we breathe today. It contained

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

In contrast, Jupiter and Saturn are all atmosphere. Unlike Earth, Jupiter doesnt really have a solid surface that you could stand on and then have your head up in the atmosphere looking at the clouds. Its just a giant, giant gas ball. Only one other

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 探索与发现2014年

神探夏洛克第二季第三集_11 砖粉? Brick dust? 建筑工地 50年代的砖 Building site. Bricks from the 50s. 伦敦有几千处建筑工地 There's thousands of building sites in London. 我派人去找了 我也派了 I've got people out

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 神探夏洛克第二季

EXPLORATIONS - Project Mercury: Soviet Successes Push U.S. to Build a Space Program From the Ground UpBy Marilyn Christiano and Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 VOICE ONE: Explorati

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(七)月

This is your Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lulla-bye You're my baby And I sing this just to show your mine I'm a hold you til you Sleepin in the middle of the night This is your Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-Lul-la-bye Closer than you think you are Always th

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(175) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

歌曲 : Hope 艺人 : Alien Ant Farm 音乐星级 : ★★★★ 所属专辑 : TruANT 发行年代 : 2009 风格 : Alternative Rock 相关介绍 : 来自南加州的摇滚劲旅Alien Ant Farm由主唱兼词曲创作主力Dryden Mitchell、吉他手Terry Corso、贝斯手Tye Zamora及鼓手Mike Co

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

This is Steve Ember. And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we finish the story of the first American program to send a person into space. It was called Project Mercury. The American space agency opened

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

The figures have since been refined and made a little more generous, 自那以后,这两个数字被更精确地测算了一遍,放宽了一点, 5 percent nearer and 15 percent farther are thought to be more accurate assessments for our zone of

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

We're looking at The Birth of Venus by Botticelli. 我们正在看波提切利的《维纳斯的诞生》。 This is, of course, one of the most iconic images in the history of western art. 这是,当然,西洋艺术史中最具标志性的图像之

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情